All uvex respirators are tested and approved in accordance with the European standard 149. This standard sets out a wide range of requirements for respirators, with the aim of providing the user with the highest level of protection and comfort.
The key tests defined in EN149 are:
• measuring inhalation and exhalation resistance
• testing the exhalation valve
• visual inspection (marking, instructions for use)
• determining the filtering efficiency (protection class)
• optional: carrying out the dolomite dust test